SAP BODS Online Training
24/7 Digital Library Access
2760 Total Learners
Instructor-led Online Training
Interactive Live training
Real Time, Certified, Expert Trainers
Job oriented & Industry ready curriculum
Free Course Access for 365 Days
Fast-track / Regular / Weekend
Recorded Video Online Training
Learn at your own convenience
Certified & Industry Experts Trainers
Email & Forum support for 365 days
Priority Certification support
Multi Instructor sessions
Learn SAP BODS Online training
- SAP BODS is a prominent ETL tool used to build Enterprise data warehouses and data mart.
- It is used in massive Data intensive applications and It is used both batch and real time mode.
- It is heavily used in SAP data migration application and used as a prominent ETL tool for ETL replication in SAP HANA.
SAP Data Services is an ETL Tool, Data Integration and Transformation Software application for Monitoring, Designing, Running, Scheduling and Administrating the ETL Jobs. Data Integrator/Data Services allows users to develop and execute workflows called data stores (Web Services, Databases, Applications and Flat files etc.) and then allows the user to transform, combine, and refine the data and outputs in same or different data stores.
Data Services integrates with vast number of products includes SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Data Quality Management, SAP Information Steward, SAP Master Data Management and others for different usage and different process.
A brief overview of sap bods online training
Get a brief overview of sap bods online training from BigClasses. Watch sap bods Training Tutorial and further analyse sap bods and its value in the IT industries. Understand our training style, tools provided in the training, important subjects covered, and more. Click here to watch the tutorial!
Who Can Learn
- Basic Knowledge on Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge on any RDBMS.
SAP BODS Course Curriculum
Duration: 50 Hours
- Place of BODS among modern DI software package
- Competitive advantage of BODS
- ETL and ELT approach
- How both approaches can be combined in one tool
- Data Services components and architecture
- Concepts of Job, Workflow and Data Flow
- Concepts of Datastore
- Creating basic Batch Job
- Transforms overview
- Analyzing data sources
- Joining data from multiple sources
- Basic transformations and build-in functions
- Aggregating data in BODS
- Defining file formats for file data source
- Working with XML files(XSD,DTD)
- COBAL COPY BOOKS
- File Formats as Source and as Targets
- Case and Merge transforms
- SQL transform
- Validation transform
- Row Generation
- Map Operation
- Combining Validation and Auditing – best practices
- Working with hierarchical data
- Hierarchy Flattening transform
- Merging data
- Table Comparison transform
- Other ways of merging data for RDBMS datastores
- Slowly changing dimension support in BODS
- History preserving transform
- Using built-in functions
- Use date and time functions and the date generation transform to build a dimension table
- Use the lookup functions to look up status in a table
- Use match pattern functions to compare input strings to patterns
- Use database type functions to return information on data sources
- Local and Central repositories
- Working in a group
- Propagating Job from development to staging and production environment – best practices
- Backing up metadata
- ATL file. Export\Import operations
- Administrating BODS
- Overview of all major tools
- Execution of a Job from server
- Scheduling a job
- Auto Documentation reports
- Designing ETLs with auto documentation in mind
- Variables in BODS – Scope of variable
- Scripting language – Advantages and limitations
- Custom functions in BODS
- Creating simple function
- Database procedures
- Custom functions vs. database functions
- Connecting to SAP Applications
- ABAP data Flow processing Using Dataservices
- IDoc interface connectivity Using Dataservices
- SAP Application table source in real jobs using Dataservices
- Executing Batch jobs that contain ABAP Dataflows
- Connecting to SAP Net weaver Business warehouse
- Using Dataservices in SAP NW BW environments,Openhub tables
- Defining SAP Net Weaver BW Datastores Using Data services
- Loading into SAP NW BW using Dataservices.
- Validating Data Flow, Workflow, Job
- Error handling on Workflow level – Try and Catch objects
- Analyzing execution of Batch Job – Log files
- Debugging in BODS
- Handing execution errors – best practices
- SAP HANA 1.0 SPS5 BODS INTEGRATION
- Push-down concept
- Cases when push-down doesnít work
- Data Transfer transform
- Cashing in BODS
- Defining cashing for lookups and Table Comparison
- Degree of parallelism
- Designing custom function for parallel execution
- Bulk loading operation
- Using MultiLoad for Teradata targets
- Execution parameters
- Rows per commit
- Access to BODS metadata
- Operational metadata
- Auditing metadata
- Creating your own metadata by using BODS metadata
- Possible Alternative Topics
- Data Loads from BODS to HANA
- DWH enterprise archiect with 15 Years of experience working with fortune 500 companies with strong expertise on SAP BO BODS & HANA.
- 10 years of Classroom and Online Training experience.
- Domain expertise on Banking, Insurance, Healthcare and retail.
Frequently asked questions
The SAP Business Objects Data Services (BODS)application can help by delivering a single enterprise-class solution for data integration, data quality, data profiling, and text analysis that allows you to integrate, transform, improve, and deliver trusted data that supports critical business processes and enables sound decisions.
Bigclasses offers 365 days access to videos, course materials, 24/7 Support, and course material upgrading to latest version. Bigclasses involves working with real time projects,test cases and assignments.The entire course content is in line with clearing SAP BODS Certification exam.
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) Operating System.
- Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Database.
- 2 GB memory and 1.5 GB minimum free disk space.
- Different formats of Data sheets like Excel, CSV.
- Data collected from Google -analytics reports
- Instructor-led Online Training
- Recorded Video Training
- Corporate Training
- Project Support
Request a Demo
- For Instructor-led Online
- For Recorded Video
- For Corporate Training
- For Project Support