Types of ETL Testing
ETL testing is classified into four different sections irrespective of technology or the ETL tools used:
1.New Data Warehouse Testing
It is built and verified from the scratch. In this case the data input is taken from the customer requirements and different data sources and new data warehouse is build and verified with the help of ETL tools.
- Business Analyst gathers and documents the requirements.
- Infrastructure people sets up the test environments.
- QA Testers develop and then execute the test plans and test scripts.
- Developers perform unit tests of each modules.
- Database Administrators test for the performance and also for the stress.
- Users do functional tests including UAT (User Acceptance Tests).
In this case customer will have an existing data warehouse and ETL performing the job. But customers are looking to bag new tool to improve efficiency. It includes these following steps:
- Design and validation test.
- Setting up the test environment.
- Executing the validation test (it depends on test design and data migration process).
- Reporting the bugs.
In this case new data is added from various sources to an existing datawarehouse. There might be a condition where customer requires changing their present business rule or they might integrate new rule.
The reports are the end result of Data Warehouse. Reports must be tested by validating data, layout in the report.Reports are an important resource for creating vital business decisions, from the basic reports to all sorts of drill down reports that let users slice and filter data the way they need.
About ETL Testing Tools Online Training @ BigClasses
BigClasses is one of the best online training organizations offer ETL Testing Tools training. We have qualified and experienced faculties who are responsible for taking the online sessions. We provide study materials and 24 hours support to our national and international learners as well. If you are interested in ETL Testing Tools online training, contact us for the detailed course and the free demo classes.