Prerequisites for SharePoint
What are the prerequisites for learning SharePoint?
Many people usually ask this type of question. The prerequisites for learning SharePoint are as follows:
SharePoint Online Training | SharePoint Free Demo
For SharePoint Developer, one should have an idea about the following topics:
- ASP.NET/C#: SharePoint 2010 is completely built on ASP.NET 3.5 whereas SharePoint 2007 is built upon ASP.NET 2.0. So, if you know basic ASP.NET 3.5 features then you get better ideas in implementing SharePoint 2010 coding and better understand concepts.
- SQL Server: This is very important to know as SharePoint A-Z stores in a database only.
- Windows Workflow Foundation: There are workflows in SharePoint which is used to solve business process problems. To create the workflows either in SharePoint designer or custom workflows you should have an idea of WWF.
- XML/XSLT: I can say everything in SharePoint is XML. So, if you are strong in XML then you rock. XSLT is applying styles for XML.
- Windows Communication Foundation: WCF is very popular these days as it has very good features. SharePoint 2010 is using WCF Services instead of Web Services. So, to work with them you have to know it. [For SharePoint 2007 it is not needed]
- Silverlight: There are modules in SharePoint 2010 developed in Silverlight. And the integration of Silverlight code to SharePoint is also very easy now. [For SharePoint 2007 it may not be needed, but you can create custom Silverlight module and deploy to SharePoint 2007]
- Internet Information Services: You have to know what IIS is and how it works.
For SharePoint Administrator one should have an idea of the following:
- SQL Server
- Windows Server
- SharePoint Designer
About Sharepoint Online Training @ BigClasses
BigClasses is one of the best online training organizations offer Sharepoint training. We have qualified and experienced faculties who are responsible for taking the online sessions. We provide study materials and 24 hours support to our national and international learners as well. If you are interested inSharepoint online training, contact us for the detailed course and the free demo classes.