Datastage architecture and learn online datastage
DataStage is an ETL tool and it uses a graphical representation to build data integration. It is available in various versions.
The architecture of dataStage is a client-server architecture. We have different types of client-server architectures. DataStage 7.5 version was a standalone version where DataStage engine, service and repository (metadata) was all installed in once server and client was installed in local PC and access the servers using the ds-client. Here the users are created in Unix/windows DataStage server and was included to the dataStage group (dsadm is the owner of the DataStage and dstage is the group of that.)To give access to the new user just create new Unix/windows user in the DS-server and add them to dstage group. The will have access to the DataStage server from the client.
DataStage Online Training | DataStage Architecture Tutorials
I encourage you to see this Data Science video tutorial that clarifies what is Data Science and all that we have talked about in the blog. Proceed, appreciate the video and reveal to me what you think.
Client components of DataStage
DataStage has four client components –
- Data Stage Administrator – It is responsible for creating, deleting projects and setting the environment variable.
- Data Stage Designer – It is used for designing the job.
- Data Stage Director – It is responsible for run, validate and scheduling the jobs.
- Data Stage Manager – It is used for export and import the project.
Server components of DataStage
It has three server components –
- DS Server – It is responsible to run executable server jobs
- DS Package Installer – It is used to install packaged DS jobs
- Repository or project – It is a central store containing all info.
About DataStage Online Training @ BigClasses
BigClasses is one of the best online training organizations offer DataStage training. We have qualified and experienced faculties who are responsible for taking the online sessions. We provide study materials and 24 hours support to our national and international learners as well. If you are interested in DataStage online training, contact us for the detailed course and the free demo classes.