Oracle DBA Online Training
Instructor-led Online Training
Interactive Live training
Real Time, Certified, Expert Trainers
Job oriented & Industry ready curriculum
Free Course Access for 365 Days
Fast-track / Regular / Weekend
Learn Oracle DBAOracle is an object-relational database management system created and marketed by Oracle Corporation.
Oracle course deals with the best database out there within the market and has the foremost advanced feature set. Oracle 11g course is the latest and most refined Oracle database. It permits high-speed transactions, sophisticated applications and higher business selections. These capabilities offer users the practicality to make high-quality and economical info applications.In most relative databases, information is accessed through SQL, or Structured query language, and Oracle is not any exception. PL/SQL is that the procedural language extension to SQL. PL/SQL could be a programming language like C, Java or Pascal. Within the Oracle world, there are no higher thanks to access your information from within a program. SQL are often natively embedded in PL/SQL programs.
Oracle Courses (for DBA training) or oracle online training is aimed towards people WHO wish to make their career in IT infrastructure field. Anyone can be a part of these oracle courses, be it the scholars, individuals operating in another IT/ non IT areas who need to move into IT infrastructure or individuals operating in IT Infrastructure (or even with Oracle Database) WHO need to boost their skills.
Oracle DBA Course Curriculum
Duration: 40 Hours
- Unix/Linux, SQL (FREE)
- Oracle database Overview, Introduction to DBA, DBA Responsibilities.
Understanding Oracle Architectural components, Instance, Database, Logical Structures and User & Server Processes.
- Managing an Oracle Instance
- Database Admin Tools, Database Administration users.
- Authentication Methods for DBAs.
- Understanding Data Dictionary Contents, Initialization Parameter files, Understanding Options of Startup & Shutdown Monitoring Alert Log files, Background trace files and User Trace files.
- Installation of 10g, 11g on Linux
- De-installing Oracle
- Oracle Database Creation using DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant)
- Creating the Database Manually
- Enterprise Manager Configurations
- Deleting Database
- Changing DBID, changing Database Name
- Installing client software
- Managing Tablespaces & Datafiles
- Managing Tablespaces, Datafiles, Understanding Dictionary & Locally Managed Tablespaces,Temporary Tablespaces, Big File Tablespaces.
- Configuring OMF for tablespace creation.
- Altering Tablespace status.
- Using appropriate Storage settings, Types of segments.
- Automatic segment space management, Extents and Blocks
- Creating & Maintaining Indexes, Rebuilding Indexes.
- Managing Undo Data
- Understanding undo segments, Automatic undo management, Retention policy, Switching Undo tablespaces and Flashback queries.
- Managing Controlfiles & Redo Log Files
- Managing Controlfiles, Multiplexing & Recreating Control Files. Understanding Redo Log files, Adding and Dropping Redo Log groups and members.
- Managing Users
- Tablespace quota
- Managing Resources with profiles
- Managing Privileges & Roles
Understanding client/server, Oracle net Architecture & key components, Oracle net services server side configuration, Configuring the Listener, Understanding Static & Dynamic service registrations, Listener control utility, Oracle client software installations Oracle net services client side configurations, Dedicated & Shared servers, Configuring Shared servers & Dispatchers Creating DB Links, Materialized views.
- Export & Import tables, schemas and full databases
- Expdp & Impdp of tables, schemas and full database and also using network link
- Transportable tablespaces
- Backup & Recovery issues, categories of failures, Backup & Recovery strategies
- Instance & Media Recovery Structures
- Understanding Background processes, Memory structures and Files related to recovery, Phases for instance recovery.
- Database Utilities (Data Migration or Logical Backups) Using Export & Import, Using Data Pump, Using SQL Loader
- Configuring Archive Log mode
- Configuring the Database Archive Log mode, changing the Archive mode, Enabling Automatic Archiving, Manually Archiving Redo Log files.
- Configuring Flashback Database
- Understanding Flashback Database, Configuring Flashback Database and Recovery using Flashback Database.
- Understanding RMAN, Features & Components, Repository, Configuring the environment, Maintenance commands.
- Backup & Recovery Using RMAN
- Backups using RMAN, Differential Incremental & Cumulative Incremental backups, compressed backups. Complete & Incomplete Recovery using RMAN. Recovery Scenarios
- Recovery Catalog Creation & Maintenance
- Advantages of using Recovery Catalog, Creating & Managing the Recovery Catalog.
- User managed Closed & Open Database (Cold & Hot) backups, Complete & Incomplete Recovery. Recovery Scenarios
- Database Cloning
- Cloning Using Cold Backup Cloning Using Hot Backup Advanced Cloning Techniques
- Recover datafile, tablespace and block corruption using RMAN.
- Differences between 10G & 11G RMAN features.
- Transporting Tablespaces Transporting Tablespace across platforms (Migration between cross platforms)
- Configuring ASM (ASM libs and raw devices)
- Creating ASM Instance using DBCA
- Creating ASM Instance Manually
- Creating Database on ASM diskgroup
- Managing ASM Disk Groups
- Migrating Database to ASM using RMAN
Understanding Physical and Logical standby Implementing physical and logical standby switch over, fail over Patching and upgrading Data Guard
Upgrading from oracle 10g to 11g Upgrade using Patch set Using Opatch and applying patches
Gather Optimizer statistics View performance metrics Manage the automatic workload repository (AWR) Using ADDM (Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor) Set warning and critical alert thresholds. Using TKPROF, SQL trace, Explain Plan SQL tuning adviser, ASMM, Memory adviser Row Migration and row chaining Global temporary tables, External tables OS Tuning.
- 10+ Years of experience in IT Industry as Oracle DBA Trainer.
- Expert in Oracle Architecture, Backup & Recoveries, RMAN Performance tuning and UNIX operating system & utilities.
- Hands on experience in Oracle DBA and SQL right from installation, granting access, troubleshooting, etc.
- 6+ yrs. of dedicated corporate training.
- Majority of experience as Corporate Trainer in Oracle DBA, SQL/PL-SQL.
- Excellent communication skills.