SAP HANA – In-Memory Computing
SAP HANA In-memory computing is a technology that allows the processing of massive extents of data in main memory to provide immediate results from analysis and transaction. The data to be processed is idyllically real-time data (that is, data that is available for processing or analysis immediately after it is formed).
To achieve the preferred performance, sap hana in-memory computing follows these basic concepts:
- Retain data in main memory to speed up data access.
- Method 1: Using main memory as the data store
- Method 2: Data persistence
2. Decrease data movement by leveraging the columnar storage concept, compression, and performing calculations at the
- Method 1: Compression
- Method 2: Columnar Storage
- Method 3: Pushing application logic to the database
3.Uses Divide and conquer method.
- Method 1: Parallelization on multi –core systems
- Method 2: Data partitioning and scale-out