DOT Net Online Training
Contrary to general belief DOT NET is not a single technology. Rather it is a set of technologies that work together seamlessly to solve your business problems. The following sections will give you insight into various flavors and tools of DOT NET and what kind of applications you can develop.
• What type of applications can I develop?
When you hear the name DOT NET, it gives a feeling that it is something to do only with internet or networked applications. Even though it is true that .NET Training provides solid foundation for developing such applications it is possible to create many other types of applications.
Following list will give you an idea about various types of application that we can develop on DOT NET.
1. ASP.NET Web applications: These include dynamic and data driven browser based applications.
2. Windows Form based applications: These refer to traditional rich client applications.
3. Console applications: These refer to traditional DOS kind of applications like batch scripts.
4. Component Libraries: This refers to components that typically encapsulate some business logic.
5. Windows Custom Controls: As with traditional ActiveX controls, you can develop your own windows controls.
6. Web Custom Controls: The concept of custom controls can be extended to web applications allowing code reuse and modularization.
7. Web services: They are “web callable” functionality available via industry standards like HTTP, XML and SOAP.
8. Windows Services: They refer to applications that run as services in the background. They can be configured to start automatically when the system boots up. As you can clearly see, DOT NET is not just for creating web application but for almost all kinds of applications that you find under Windows.